EP Global Commerce Group, a leading investor in the food retail industry, is the largest shareholder of Metro AG and the e-grocery operator Kosik, the joint owner of Caprabo and Eroski Baleares and a minority owner in Sainsbury’s and Casino Guichard Perrachon. Its ownership structure provides a robust financial background that guarantees further expansion. We offer attractive professional prospects in an energetic and successful team in positions providing a remarkable amount of room for your personal and professional development.
SENIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST / CONTROLLER
EP Global Commerce, a leading investor in the food retail industry, is looking for a Senior Investment Analyst / Controller to join its dynamic and successful team.
We are looking for candidates with a track record of excellent results (academic results at university or previous professional activities), analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, and an excellent command of Spanish and English (willing to travel to Spain regularly). Knowledge in company valuation and relevant practical experience during studies is also a highly desirable advantage.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cooperate in the preparation of financial analyses of investment plans, prepare inputs to calculations and financial models
- Monitor selected market segments
- Consolidate retail industry knowledge for the group, based on information from Group companies and broader industry contacts
- Evaluate business opportunities considering the shareholders’ interests
- Perform controlling in designated areas
- Prepare materials for senior colleagues (mainly presentations, spreadsheet modelling)
- Assist in the defense and presentation of investment plans
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
- University degree with excellent grades (economics, finance, mathematics, business)
- Excellent analytical skills and common sense
- Genuine interest in world affairs, mainly in business and the fields of our activity
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- At least 2-3 years of experience in some of the following areas: investment banking, transaction consulting, controlling, commercial offer, etc in the food retail industry
- Knowledge of pricing, corporate finance, accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent Spanish and English skills
- Reliability, independence, and teamwork skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Varied and interesting job in a dynamic investment company
- Interesting salary
- Nice team and informal corporate culture
- Professional growth and development
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent employment contract
- Flexible work location Barcelona or Prague
- The job is available for an immediate start
Information about the vacancy
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, corporate events, foreign business trips
English (proficient), Spanish (advanced)
Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s.
ContactEnergetický a průmyslový holding, a.s.